Wednesday 24 February 2010

Filming

Today after college my group and I shoot our band performance, as planned. We started off pretty un-organised to be perfectly honest, however once we got started I think it went well and I felt more confident, until it began to rain and we had to cut filming short.

We began in the classroom, collecting everything we needed (Camera, tripod, tape etc) then our performers went to get changed into their costumes. The performers we had on location today were the Band (Emma, Rob and Ali) plus our characters (Mad Hatter, White Rabbit, Queen of hearts and Playing Card) unfortunately we only got a shot of our Mad Hatter character, so our other characters stood in the cold and rain for nothing :( but they were a huge help!
On location we had to make a quick change on where we were shooting as we only had one set of lights and a short extension cable. Luckily there was this tree which looked like it had fallen over or something that had logs up against it. It looked like it had an arch way on one side so I broke away branches to create more of an opening. All of us then began to hang the lights up and tie playing cards and other props we had on branches and on the logs. It was a bit of a tight space but I think it worked. We then did a few quick shots of the props then of our Mad Hatter character leading the camera into the location.
It got a bit panicky at one point as there were grey clouds above us and it felt like it was about to chuck it down with rain, so we hurriedly shot a run through of the song with our band and instruments, then it stopped raining for like a second so we tried to do another one but it began to rain heavier so we had to cut it short and go inside.

Tomorrow I plan to capture the footage from today onto Final Cut Express and begin to edit it. I’m reasonably pleased with today’s filming however I’ll only know for sure if it went well tomorrow when I get to see the footage.

Max and I think Yasmin kindly took some photos of us setting up which will posted on here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment