Friday 22 January 2010

22.01.10

Today we were set a number of tasks to help us with ideas and planning for our music video and song pitches.

We firstly looked at a treatment for the DJ Format - We Know Something music video (which can be found further down on my blog from a previous task). A treatment is...

We were then set the homework of producing a treatment for our top song choices. My group decided that we'd do one each. I'm producing one for Au Revoir Simone - Shadows, whilst Emma is producing one for Michelle Branch - Everywhere and Rob Two Door Cinema Club - Cigarettes in the Theatre.
I expect these treatments shall be posted on my blog over the weekend.

We than took a lyric from one of our top songs and were asked to think of 3 possible shots for lyric that could appear in the music video. Our lyric was from Michelle Branch- Everywhere and read 'And when I close my eyes all I see is you'. The shots were split into categories
1. Literal
2. Metaphorical

For the literal shot we came up with the idea of having a shot of eyelids closing then the face of the person they 'see' appear with faded edges and all bright as if it were a dream

For the metaphorical shot we came up with..

Lastly we had the task of preparing for our pitch on Tuesday for the song we are most interested in. For us this is Shadows by Au Revoir Simone - which seems to be popular among other groups. We made a moodboard and postcard for the song and then created a keynote, hopfully our ideas are good enough to be chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment