Thursday 14 January 2010

ANCILLARY PRACTICE TASK - DIGIPAK

In today's lesson we had a practice task of producing a digipak for a band we were given, mine was Au Revoir Simone - which is a band I have come across before.

To create the digipak we were given two templates - one of the front and back and the second of the inside of the digipak. Research for this task had to be done by us so I started off by going on Au Revoir Simone's MySpace (www.myspace.com/aurevoirsimone.com) where I looked at the band's photo's, page layout and information. I then decided to use the background on the page layout as the background on my digipak. I then went on the bands offical website (http://www.aurevoirsimone.com/) where I took some graphics off to use in my work.

here is my finished digipak

Front and back:

Inside:

The image on the front of the digipak is an image I really liked - which is why I used it. However when I added it on to my digipak template in Photoshop it looked too cut and paste, so I used the easer tool around the edges of the photo, but changing the brush to a rougher texture one, so it created a erdoded effect and visually looked more interesting. I like how it turned out.

Although I am pleased with this, I forgot to add the Album title, so I shall add that in on Monday morning. I also don't like how the inside of the digipak has an image of the band in black and white, as all the other images are in colour (mainly green and red). I may change the image on Monday.

I really enjoyed this task, and look forward to creating the digipak for the music video later on in the project.

Here is an original album cover for Au Revoir Simone


18.01.10
I changed the front/back of digipak by adding the album title and record label along with a barcode.

here is the finished image:

No comments:

Post a Comment