Wednesday 27 January 2010

Shadows!

I am very pleased that we are definitely producing a music video for Shadows - The only down side to this is that another group is also producing a music video for this song. I guess that'll just motivate myself and my group to work harder.

This is the original music video for Shadows by Au Revoir Simone




The video was directed by Brendan Colthurst and Vikram Gandhi (2009)
It is a very simple video which I didn't expect as you could do so much with the song (tell a story).
It's a band performance set in one location throughout and has a stop-motion effect. As we are also having a band performance in our video I particularly looked at some of the shots used for this, e.g. The cinematography and the shots of the instruments.



I don't think the stop motion is necessary in this video however it does make the video look a little more interesting.
What I first noticed about the video, was the lights in the background and the colours - which fits into our idea.

I really like the minimalness of the video, which I think will be interesting to compare our finished video too as ours is almost opposite.

About the band
Au Revoir Simone is an electronic indie pop band from Williams Burg, Brooklyn, New York.

The band consists of members (all female) - Erika Forster (vocals/keyboard), Annie Hart (vocals/keyboard) and Heather D'Angelo (vocals/drum machine/keyboard).

They formed in late 2003.

The band's name comes from a line Pee-Wee Herman says to a minor character (named Simone) in Tim Burton's Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Au_Revoir_Simone)

No comments:

Post a Comment