Friday 19 March 2010

2. How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

There are many different factors in which my Music video, Digipak and Magazine advert are linked together. I created this image on Photoshop displaying and annotating these factors.

(click image for larger size)
Text included:
The setting had a huge role in our video as it perfectly fit all our idea’s together creating the atmosphere we had hoped to achieve

This is how I came up with the Tree idea for my digipak. I wanted something other than an image from the video or an image of the band and I thought this would link in with the video (band performance location/setting) and the band itself in a different but effective way. I think having a graphic instead of a photo also helps my digipak look more professional as if i had just used scree grabs from my music video which would of been low quality.

Lights were a big part of our music video therefore I knew I wanted to incorporate them in my digipak designs, it helps that I have a love for out of focus lights

The dominate colour I used for my digipak was based around the screen grab I used of the out of focus lights. There is an obvious green colour to the image which I wanted to bring out more and make more intense, which created this teal/green colour.

The typography I used is consistant throughout my digipak and magazine advert. The font type is called Perpetua and although the sizes vary I kept the band name larger than the album title on both advert & digipak.

No comments:

Post a Comment