Thursday 18 March 2010

4.How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

These are two images of me using the equipment for the project



1. Sony HD Camera - we took full advantage of this camera using the HD settings and using an HD tape, however we did face a problem whilst filming the band performance, this being that because it began to rain the camera kept losing focus. This wouldn't of been such a problem if we hadn't used a plastic bag to protect the camera from the rain as I couldn't tell this was happening - If I had noticed I could of used the manual focus option to prevent this from happening. To overcome the problem in editing I had the idea to fiddle around with the opacity and create layers - I think this worked well in disguising our out of focus footage well.

2. Final Cut Express - we used this to edit on and bring our music video footage together, using the tools and the effects the program has to offer. We also created our animatic on here. I also used Final Cut to slow down part of our song so that we could have everything in fast motion but with our lead singer in normal motion. I had never done this before but it was very easy
to achieve with a little guidance from my teacher.

This is an image of all the programs I used for this project
I also used non technologies for this project as I made a lot of the props we used - good old arts and crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment