Friday 19 March 2010

3. What have you learned from your audience feedback?

I created tag clouds for all of my feedback using wordle. I used a colour scheme of teal, green, black and grey so they link in with my digipak. This is useful to see the common factors of my strengths and weakness as seen by other people. The larger words are the words most used in my feedback.

Treatment/pitch for Shadows
The feedback was mostly positive for our treatment, however a key concern was the power for our lights idea. So we came up with a plan to make sure this wouldn't be a problem. This was to set our video at Long Road and use power from a near by classroom which we would need to ask permission for.

POSITIVE:


NEGTIVE:


Rough cut
The main concern with our rough cut was the giggling, which we had planned to cover up with cut-aways, so the feedback we received for our rough cut was actually really good and gave us that confidence to experiment more with our out of focus footage.

POSITIVE:


NEGATIVE:


Digipak mock up
Although the response to my feedback was unexpectedly positive, I really wanted to take a different approach to the task, which is why my final digipak is completely different to my mock up. The main reason I wanted to create something different is because I knew most people were just using stills from their footage so it would be very image based - I wanted to create a graphical image which is something more of the band style (as their prevouis album artwork has been like this).


Finished video (Ben Gee)
The feedback for the final video was really positive, I still don't feel my music video is very strong so it's reasuring that other people see it for its hard work. The feedback Ben Gee gave us for the video made me happy - especially when I read 'Out of focus shots very good' - It amazes me that something unintentionally that was a problem at the time actually worked in our favour helping us create a more interesing final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment