Wednesday 10 March 2010

Improved Digipak and Magazine advert

I re-edited my digipak and advert after gathering advice from my teachers and a few fellow class mates. I feel a lot happier after making these improvements.

Digipak:
The changes I made to my digipak probably aren't that obvious so i'll just tell you what I did..
Firstly, I made the album title 'Still Night, Still Light' larger so now its the same width of the base of the tree. Secondly, I changed the text 'Disc one' and 'Disc Two' so that they're now in capitals as the font I used seems to look better in capitals. Thirdly, I took the grainy effect green/teal from the back cover and side fold of my digipak and placed it behind my tree so that the colour scheme matches better (The faded lights didn't look right on the front cover so I took a bit of the image where there was no out of focus light.) Lastly I added lyrics from 'Shadows' to the side fold section of my digipak, so that it isn't an empty page now.

Magazine advert:
Unlike the digipak, the changes I made to my advert are a lot more obvious.
I stuck to my changes I wanted to make (as seen on my first draft advert post).
Firstly, I got rid of the brown parcel type background and made it the greeny/teal that I have on the front cover of my digipak. Secondly, I changed the font of all the text to the font I use in my digipak, which is called Perpetua (and deleted some unwanted text). Thirdly, I added the image of the tree from my digipak as the central image that links everything up (digi, advert & video). Lastly I changed the text moshi moshi records to their website and added 'at HMV' to the 'OUT NOW' part so people know where they can purchase the digipak.

I used NME and HMV as i've seen a review or advertisment for au Revoir Simone on the NME website and on the band website there is a downloadable press quote pdf which NME feature on three times. I also know that you can buy their albums in HMV, plus its convenient that both names are three letters long so fit in the poster well.

No comments:

Post a Comment